英 [ˈtɔ:təs] 美 [ˈtɔrtəs]
1. Built by Mitsubishi Electric, it boasts a 59-foot-diameter, turtle-shell-shape antenna dubbed “Gamela, ” after the Godzilla-slaying tortoise.
2. Every other major emerging market is growing at a tortoise pace, so why not Russia?
3. Speaking of tortoise-like play, several Steady Eddies known for their consistency are in contention.
4. For the next century or so, the Aldabra tortoise was routinely described as gigantea.
5. The process of setting standards and WTO policy is more tortoise than hare, according to Lamy.
6. The sailor slid off the tortoise, and again the two looked at each other.
7. He added that he will build the tortoise “a beast house” of his own.
8. Tortoise’s biggest single holding is Houston’s Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP (49, KMP) .
9. For tortoise soup, take one reptile, eviscerate, remove skin and all fat, remove shell.
10. So with the hare already racing away, is there any hope for the tortoise at all?
11. And China is more tortoise than rabbit (though we know who wins the race in that fable).
12. On the island of Pinta, goats decimated the vegetation, killing off most of the tortoise species there.
13. The execution of China’s space program has led to “tortoise and hare” comparisons with the United States.
14. The tortoise raised its wormy head and fixed him with an old eye above its nostriled beak.
15. If tortoise stocks beat the hares so consistently, why don’t investors pile in and arbitrage away the difference?
1. The tortoise wins the race while the hare is sleeping.
2. The tortoise crept along at an agonizingly slow speed.
3. The elephant dwarfed the tortoise.
4. The tortoise spends the winter months in hibernation.
5. Sometimes they would take fifty or sixty eggs out of one hole.
6. The tortoise pulled its head into his carapace.
7. He had slept, and the tortoise had won the race.
8. It looked like a flat stone but it was a turtle.
9. These turtles kill fish — especially trout.
这些乌龟专会吃鱼 — 尤其是“鳟鱼. ”
10. Julia scowled at her jewelled tortoise.
11. Who runs fast, the hare or the tortoise?
12. AFTER dinner all the gang turned out to hunt for turtle eggs on the bar.
13. The rabbit runs so fast that Mr. Turtle soon falls behind.
14. Mr. Turtle almost arrives at the finishing line.
15. Mr. Turtle is first! Mr. Turtle won!